Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mastering the Art of French Cooking Part 3

Thon A La Provencale (Tuna Steaks with Wine, Tomatoes and Herbs) p.219


I am someone who likes Tuna Steaks rare. As a matter of fact, I don't really care for them unless they are seared. This recipe just didn't deliver for me... Too bad I dropped $10 on 8 oz. of fresh tuna steaks.

The tomato topping for the fish--now that was a different story. De-licious! If I make this again, I am going to skip the step of finishing the seared fish in the oven. The fish was overcooked, and I didn't even leave it in the oven as long as the recipe said! Just a quick sear and top with the tomato sauce next time.

I made Tomates A La Provencale (p. 507) with the tuna steaks. I love these. I've made them a few times since the tomatoes started coming in. They are so easy, and something different (for when you get tired of sliced fresh tomatoes for dinner. You can only eat those so many evenings in a row).












No comments: