Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Time off from home improvement

Okay... It's been almost a month since I posted, and I swear I did not forget about this blog.

I've had a whirlwind month with lots going on during the weekend, leaving me little time to work on the house. The last weekend in October was the Junior League's Boo Ball. Erinn and Mike came down and went with me. I didn't get the flapper costume I ordered in time, so at 2pm the day of the Boo Ball, I ran out and put this Marilyn Monroe costume together. Erinn and Mike won Most Original for their version of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, which was hilarious, by the way...














The next weekend, my mom and I went to Wheeling for Rebecca's wedding. Jeremy couldn't go because he fought fires all weekend, so my mom was my "stand in" date. We had an fabulous time in Wheeling and did LOTS of shopping on Sunday. Of course, the wedding was a lot of fun, too.
All this travelling and partying leaves me with little time to spend scrapping wallpaper in the entryway--my current project. In August, I painted my living room a nice neutral khaki color. It was peach with a stenciled green and white border--YUCK! Anyway, the entry way was wallpapered and painted over, peach, of course. So since then, I've been scrapping wallpaper. It's a HORRIBLY slow process. And I had to get an extension ladder since its a mid-entry, the entryway has high ceilings. Good times.
I haven't taken any recent pictures of the projects because I discovered on my Wheeling roadtrip that my camera wasn't working. My mom's memory card worked in my camera, so I went out and bought a new memory card, but it still doesn't work. Who knows what's wrong with it, but it's probably going to be expensive.

No comments: